Sanyo 7400 and BitPM
Another Guy
2005-07-31 02:14:09 UTC
Recently purchased a USB cable for my Sanyo 7400 cellphone, and d/l'd BitPM.

Has anyone had any success in using this combination to manipulate contacts,
ringtone etc?

The application doesn't seem to be able to recognise my phone.

TIA
Greg

TIA
Another Guy
2005-07-31 07:46:34 UTC
Post by Another Guy
Recently purchased a USB cable for my Sanyo 7400 cellphone, and d/l'd BitPM.
Has anyone had any success in using this combination to manipulate
contacts, ringtone etc?
The application doesn't seem to be able to recognise my phone.
TIA
I have installed the drivers for the phone from the Sanyo website if those
are the ones you mean?
Greg
2005-08-01 06:48:07 UTC
Ok, when you plug in the USB cable is the phone listed in device manager
under modems?

If no then the USB driver isn't correctly installed, if yes start
bitpim, go to edit, settings, select phone type, then MM-7400

Then you should be able to select the data tab and get data

Greg
are the ones you mean?
Another Guy
2005-08-01 20:09:59 UTC
Post by Another Guy
I have installed the drivers for the phone from the Sanyo website if
those are the ones you mean?
No it isn't showing up under modems, it registers as a new "Data Interface"
and then when I point to the folder with the USB drivers, to install them,
it searches for a while then says that it can't find the software.
Rob J
2005-08-02 00:01:33 UTC
Post by Another Guy
Recently purchased a USB cable for my Sanyo 7400 cellphone, and d/l'd BitPM.
Has anyone had any success in using this combination to manipulate
contacts, ringtone etc?
The application doesn't seem to be able to recognise my phone.
TIA
I have installed the drivers for the phone from the Sanyo website if those
are the ones you mean?
Is this product the genuine one from Sanyo, if not then it's unlikely
Sanyo would supply drivers to work with a non Sanyo product.
Rob J
2005-08-02 00:00:31 UTC
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:14:09 +1200, "Another Guy"
Post by Another Guy
Recently purchased a USB cable for my Sanyo 7400 cellphone, and d/l'd BitPM.
Has anyone had any success in using this combination to manipulate contacts,
ringtone etc?
The application doesn't seem to be able to recognise my phone.
Is this the one you can buy from the likes of DSE etc?

The Software is crap and it would not work with my phone.

The genuine cable for my Nokia phone and Nokia's software have been
faultless by comparison with crap third party software with poor
translations etc.
Another Guy
2005-08-02 00:36:15 UTC
Post by Another Guy
Recently purchased a USB cable for my Sanyo 7400 cellphone, and d/l'd BitPM.
Has anyone had any success in using this combination to manipulate contacts,
ringtone etc?
The application doesn't seem to be able to recognise my phone.
Is this the one you can buy from the likes of DSE etc?
The Software is crap and it would not work with my phone.
The genuine cable for my Nokia phone and Nokia's software have been
faultless by comparison with crap third party software with poor
translations etc.
My main problem seems to be getting the computer and the phone to talk to
each other, Bitpim is not recognising the phone at all
Another Guy
2005-08-02 00:37:20 UTC
Post by Another Guy
Recently purchased a USB cable for my Sanyo 7400 cellphone, and d/l'd BitPM.
Has anyone had any success in using this combination to manipulate contacts,
ringtone etc?
The application doesn't seem to be able to recognise my phone.
Is this the one you can buy from the likes of DSE etc?
The Software is crap and it would not work with my phone.
The genuine cable for my Nokia phone and Nokia's software have been
faultless by comparison with crap third party software with poor
translations etc.
It was one I bought off Trademe - not a genuine Sanyo model but I wouldn't
have expected it to make a lot of difference being only a cable?? Looks like
I may be wrong now... :(
Greg
2005-08-02 07:34:42 UTC
Post by Another Guy
It was one I bought off Trademe - not a genuine Sanyo model but I wouldn't
have expected it to make a lot of difference being only a cable?? Looks like
I may be wrong now... :(
My cable is not a genuine sanyo cable. There was not way I was paying
$200 for the software and cable from sanyo, got everything I needed for
$35 and it works fine.

here are the instruction that came with my cable, give these a try and
let us know how you got on

Greg

Installation steps

STEP 1

Download BITPIM multimedia software

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bitpim/bitpim-0.7.27-setup.exe?download

STEP 2

Download software driver and installation guide

www.merlinmaui.com\data_cable_driver\SANYO 8100 software installation.zip

STEP 3

Please use WINZIP to extract files from the file

SANYO 8100 software installation.zip

to your hard drive.

WINZIP program can be found at

http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm

STEP 4

Run AutorunPro program to read the installation guide and install the files

SANYO 8100 software installation.zip file list

Installation Guide
AutorunPro.EXE

Driver for Windows 2000
Mdmsanyo.inf
Mdmspcssp.inf
Sanyomdm2k.inf

Driver for Windows 98
Mdmsanyo.info
Mdmspcssp.inf
Sanyomdm98.inf

Driver for Windows XP
Mdmsanyo.info
Mdmspcssp.inf
Sanyomdmxp.inf
Another Guy
2005-08-02 08:01:38 UTC
Post by Another Guy
[...]
Didn't get far I'm afraid - the merlinmaui site seems to be
down/disappeared?
Greg
2005-08-02 18:52:48 UTC
Post by Another Guy
Post by Greg
www.merlinmaui.com\data_cable_driver\SANYO 8100 software installation.zip
Didn't get far I'm afraid - the merlinmaui site seems to be
down/disappeared?
try copy and pasting the link to your browser. I had no problem
downloading it again

Greg
Another Guy
2005-08-03 09:01:23 UTC
Post by Greg
Post by Another Guy
Post by Greg
www.merlinmaui.com\data_cable_driver\SANYO 8100 software installation.zip
Didn't get far I'm afraid - the merlinmaui site seems to be
down/disappeared?
try copy and pasting the link to your browser. I had no problem
downloading it again
Greg
Got it now - must have been down for a bit. The d/l is for the 8100, and I
tried changing the model to 7400 but they don't seem to support it either.

I'm going to try going to Bitpim support and seeing if they can help at all.

Thanks for your help Greg..
Greg
2005-08-04 06:31:58 UTC
Post by Another Guy
Got it now - must have been down for a bit. The d/l is for the 8100, and I
tried changing the model to 7400 but they don't seem to support it either.
I'm going to try going to Bitpim support and seeing if they can help at all.
Thanks for your help Greg..
use the 8100 usb drive, it works fine with my 7400.

Greg
Another Guy
2005-08-04 08:03:00 UTC
Post by Greg
Post by Another Guy
Got it now - must have been down for a bit. The d/l is for the 8100, and
I tried changing the model to 7400 but they don't seem to support it
either.
I'm going to try going to Bitpim support and seeing if they can help at all.
Thanks for your help Greg..
use the 8100 usb drive, it works fine with my 7400.
Greg
OK now I have the phone installed and registering in device manager under
"modems" - but when I do a "query modem" under "diagnostics" it says that
the modem failed to respond - is there something I should be doing to the
phone?
Greg
2005-08-04 09:04:07 UTC
Post by Another Guy
Post by Greg
Post by Another Guy
Got it now - must have been down for a bit. The d/l is for the 8100, and
I tried changing the model to 7400 but they don't seem to support it
either.
I'm going to try going to Bitpim support and seeing if they can help at all.
Thanks for your help Greg..
use the 8100 usb drive, it works fine with my 7400.
Greg
OK now I have the phone installed and registering in device manager under
"modems" - but when I do a "query modem" under "diagnostics" it says that
the modem failed to respond - is there something I should be doing to the
phone?
try bit pim and see what happens

Greg
Another Guy
Same problem - can't detect the phone :(
Greg
2005-08-04 18:37:42 UTC
Don't try detecting the phone as the exact model isn't supported, plug
it in and go to edit - settings, and select mm-7400, the get data - get
phone data

see what happens

Greg
Another Guy
2005-08-05 08:05:33 UTC
Post by Another Guy
Same problem - can't detect the phone :(
"Device needs attention"

"The phone is not responding while transitioning mode from none to brew"
Greg
2005-08-05 18:41:13 UTC
Post by Another Guy
Same problem - can't detect the phone :(
"Device needs attention"
"The phone is not responding while transitioning mode from none to brew"
fresh out of ideas! only other thing to try is someone else's 7400 or
try a different cable

Greg
Another Guy
2005-08-05 20:07:25 UTC
Post by Another Guy
Same problem - can't detect the phone :(
"Device needs attention"
"The phone is not responding while transitioning mode from none to brew"
fresh out of ideas! only other thing to try is someone else's 7400 or try
a different cable
Greg
thans for your ideas so far greg

Rob J
2005-08-04 00:34:19 UTC
Post by Another Guy
Recently purchased a USB cable for my Sanyo 7400 cellphone, and d/l'd BitPM.
Has anyone had any success in using this combination to manipulate contacts,
ringtone etc?
The application doesn't seem to be able to recognise my phone.
Is this the one you can buy from the likes of DSE etc?
The Software is crap and it would not work with my phone.
The genuine cable for my Nokia phone and Nokia's software have been
faultless by comparison with crap third party software with poor
translations etc.
It was one I bought off Trademe - not a genuine Sanyo model but I wouldn't
have expected it to make a lot of difference being only a cable?? Looks like
I may be wrong now... :(
Cable and software. As they're usually USB there is plenty of scope
for crap USB drivers as well.